About the institute
According the rector’s order №152-п from 23.04.2004 was created center of distance education at the institute of informational technologies.
According rector’s order № 42-п from 30.01.2009 center of distance institute reformed to Institute of distance education.
Educational process at IDE implements on the basis of distant interaction of teacher and student independently from time or location with help of informational communicative technologies. System of educational process control build on the basis of own educational portal of KazNRTU. All students at IDE have their virtual “personal cabinets”, any time have access to lectures and other methodical benefits of teacher, can make and send his tasks, get working, individual educational plans, to form their trajectory of education, get any reference education, schedules of on-line lessons and exams
Are used different technologies of distant education, one of them is conducting webinars and online lessons, which became constant form of informational interaction between students and teachers
Development of technologies will be further provide perfection of educational practice, quality improvement of distant process of education, making it more variable, learner oriented and demanded. Distant education is one of the alternative possibilities to get education, based on learner centered approach, where teacher is considered not like the creator of knowledge but as a coordinator of cognitive process, coordinating learning course and implementing advisory activities. From 2015 KazNRTU is an honorary member of the European Association GUIDE (GlobalUniversitiesInDistanceEducation, Rome, Italy).
Goals and Objectives
Goals – is introduction of modern informational communicative technologies and best elements of international recognized quality providing systems of distant education. Clearly understanding that the goals must be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time bounded we accept the Strategy of development from 2011 to 2018 years, clearly understand that longer planning wouldn’t be effective in such changeable situation, when goals become not actual earlier tha the time of achievement. Also under the “goal” we understand what we want to achieve and aspirate
Considering that any target – just a phase our goal was divided into certain levels
• Providing maximum close relation of the university and requirements of labor and technology market
• Introduction of modern educational technologies and best elements international recognized quality providing systems
• Optimization of educational organization process
• Conduction of system reorganizations, related with achieving new quality of multilevel preparation, orientation for more dynamically developing industries
Mission and Strategy
The IDE sees its mission:
• In providing qualified educational services for new generation technical specialists using modern informatic communicative technologies
• In Increasing of educational process effectiveness
• In promotion in Kazakhstan society competent, creative personalities, developing their communicative competence
The IDE accepted learner centered model of educational process organization at DET
Also in IDE was accepted model of relationship between teacher and student
Fom the development strategy of distant learning in KazNRTU named after Satpayev
step by step
• The quality of educational services - the main priority in achieving customer satisfaction;
• the interests of consumers (students, industry, production and society);
• continuous improvement of teaching staff qualifications and staff;
• the involvement of all personnel, trust and respect;
• principles of social responsibility, unconditional honesty.
As part of the IDE has 3 divisions:
- Department of Information Technology of distance learning technology;
- Department of organizational and methodological support of distance learning technologies;
- Research and technological laboratory "Development and maintenance of distance learning systems"